|1.||1st Kick-Off Meeting & 3-day ECVET Transfer Workshop / Introduction to ECVET / MCAST ECVET Case Study||UNIC (P1)
Nicosia / Cyprus
|2.||2nd SC & TC Meeting & 3-day Learning Outcomes/Curriculum Mapping Workshop||KSPI (P11)
|11/09/2017 – 15/09/2017|
|3.||3rd SC & TC Meeting & 3-day ECVET workshop||LiePU (P3)
Liepaja / Latvia
|4.||4th SC & TC Meeting & 3-day ECVET workshop||TSU (P5)
Tver / Russia
|5.||5th SC & TC Meeting & 3-day ECVET workshop||NukSPI (P9)
Nukus / Uzbekistan
|6.||6th SC & TC Meeting & 3-day ECVET workshop||MCAST (P3) Valletta / Malta||08.04.2019 –12.04.2019|
|7.||7th SC & TC Meeting & ECVET Policy Conference||MIIGAiK (P8) Moscow / Russia||14.05.2019-16.05.2019|
Transnational meeting 1 (Nicosia, Cyprus)
In the period of March 27-31, 2017 the kick off meeting and the workshop of 574097-EPP-1-2016-1-CY-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP “Piloting ECVET to the national VET system of Russia and Uzbekistan (RUECVET)” project funded by Erasmus+ program of EU were held at the University of Nicosia and Intercollege near this University. Nicosia, Cyprus.
The partners discussed the objectives of the project. ECVET expert Stylianos Movromustakos made presentation of ECVET in Europe: progress and developments, the technical coordinator of the project Louiza Papaloizu National Coordinator of the Russian team Vitaly Kopnov made presentations on work packages, work plans, need of dissemination and project sustainability. The project coordinator Patrick Morev told about financial issues and need of co-financing by the partner universities.
Participants took part in mapping exercise on development of learning outcomes for one discipline of specialty. Then every partner chose 3 courses for 3 specialties of 3 sectors of vocational education for further work on EU credits transfer.
Grant holder Patrics Morevs from Liepai University (Latvia), technical leader Louisa Papalouizu from Nicosia University and National coordinator of the Russian team Vitaly Kopnov made presentations and other participants discussed financial issues, work packages, work plan, dissemination and sustainability, donation of partner universities and other issues. Logotype and 1-st leaflet of the project as well as project web site were presented there.
Transnational Meeting 2 (Kokand, Uzbekistan)
On 11-15 September 2017, the partners of the Erasmus + project “RUECVET / Piloting ECVET to national system of Russia and Uzbekistan” (Grant 574097-EPP-1-2016-1-CY-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP of the European Executive Agency Education, Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA) held a second meeting of representatives of the consortium and the Project Steering Committee at the Mukimi State Pedagogical Institute of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Key partners from Latvia, Cyprus, Malta, Russia and Uzbekistan discussed in detail the implementation of the project, the ECVET methodology, the necessary processes and execution phases, and a quality control plan.
Within the framework of the second international meeting, a seminar on ECVET methodology and training units was organized. The seminar was divided into two parts. The first part of the seminar was devoted to the basic principles of creating a guide for ECVET implementation. Participants in small groups worked on the ECVET methodology, the methodological adjustments to ECVET needed for the vocational education systems in Russia and Uzbekistan were identified.
In the second part of the seminar, were discussed the selected units of the learning outcomes for such qualifications as hospitality, welding, electrical engineering, social security, etc. In addition, was reached an agreement on the templates format for creating units of learning outcomes for the qualifications chosen for testing and discussed the issues of their adaptation to vocational education systems in Russia and Uzbekistan. I.Khamidova – the director of the College of Construction and Service, a deputy of the regional council, a member of the women entrepreneurs’ society, and curator of VET teachers – participated in the meeting and gave detailed information about the current reforms in the field of VET and prospects for the development of this direction in Uzbekistan.
On September 13, 2017 the International seminar “The role of national qualification frameworks in reforming higher education and vocational education” was held. Experts of NEO in Uzbekistan, representatives of the Association of Employers took part in this seminar.
On 23rd-27th April, 2018 the 3rd transnational meeting of partners of RUECVET project was held at Liepaja University, Latvia.
The focus of the 3rd RUECVET workshop activities was twofold:
- RUECVET methodology and work review. In this activity the European partners ensured that participants were clear about the RUECVET methodology, collectively reviewed the conversion of Study Programmes using ECVET/RUECVET methodology and the draft professional development programme of RUECVET Training Course/Workshops.
- Formation of ECVET partnerships. The main aim of this activity is to form ECVET partnerships for credit transfer and accumulation process and learn how to fill in the ECVET Learning Agreement. During the workshop the peer institutions were engaged in a preparatory exercise to identify ECVET partnerships based on qualifications, units of learning outcomes, assessment methods, documentation of learning outcomes, validation, transfer and accumulation.
The 3rd transnational meeting was very productive and successful as partner institutions were able to achieve all the targets put forward the agenda.
Furthermore, participants of the meeting had a great chance to get acquainted with the historical background and cultural life of Liepaja and Riga. Picturesque buildings and breath-taking landscape of Latvia fascinated all the participants of the project.
Transnational meeting 4 (Tver, Russia)
The fourth transnational meeting of RUECVET partners was held at Tver State University (Tver, Russia) from 10-12th July, 2018. According to agenda two-day RUECVET methodology and delivery of the continuous professional development course and 1-day Steering Committee meeting were held here. There were 30 participants from three European countries, Russia and Uzbekistan.
The first meeting day began with the welcome speech of the acting rector of Tver State University Lyudmila Skakovskaya who mentioned that TSU is proud to be the member of RUECVET project and wished the productive work to Consortium participants.
The key activities of the 2-day workshop and 1-day Steering committee meeting were:
– opening of RUECVET Training Center in the Institute of Pedagogical Education and Social Technologies of Tver State University (equipped with computers with grant funds of the project);
– signing of Memoranda of Understanding between TSU and NukSPI, RSVPU, TSU and NCCT; Partnership Agreement between TSU and NSPI;
– visiting the Associated partners: College of service and tourism (hotel for training); Torzhok’s College; Gold-Embroidery factory (to get acquainted with the educational process, training workshops equipment and students’ works).
During the meeting RUECVET partners discussed and agreed on a number of issues:
– readiness of functional maps, Units of Learning Outcomes and Converted Study Programmes for the selected 24 qualifications;
– the Russian version of the ECVET Master Guide;
– recommended improvements by EACEA after 18th months of work;
– ECVET Quality Assuarance documents;
– transnational and national mobility;
– analysis and review of E-platforms;
– E-guide and its correspondence to the ECVET guide;
– presentation and revisiting the content of the CPD course;
– training centres activities, equipment, work plans;
– plans for the future activities.
In addition, all Russian and Uzbek partners with monitoring from the European partners took part in group discussions concerning the teaching / learning materials for the CPD courses, including E-platform. Russian and Uzbek partners discussed the development of the Website, that is the main instrument of the project results dissemination. As recommended by the experts when evaluating the interim report of the project, it is necessary to update the site with each of the results obtained. The issue of a mobile training application for VET-trainers was considered upon the existing learning management systems.
A special attention was made to the development of 4 ECVET National Training Centres aimed at offering off-line and on-line learning on ECVET and ECVET workshops as well.
The 4 transnational meeting was full of productive activities revealing strong and weak points of the project work and ways to effective fulfillment of the project objectives.
Transnational meeting 5 (Nukus, Uzbekistan)
On November 6-10, 2018 Nukus State Pedagogical Institute (Karakalpakstan, Uzbekistan) hosted the 5thtransnational meeting of RUECVET project under the Erasmus+ program of EU.
In the opening ceremony of the meeting the rector of NukSPI B. Otemuratov welcomed all the guests and led the official launching ceremony of the National ECVET Training Centre at NukSPI. The NTC was equipped with the modern computer technologies, multimedia devices for videoconferencing and organizing training courses both in on-line and off-line regimes. The coordinators of RSVPU, TvSU and KSPI shared with their own experience on leading the such ECVET NTCs at their universities.
The main issues to discuss on the meeting were reports of partners on the results of works planned on the last meeting and discussion of the action plan for the next period. The seminar was aimed to discuss the issues of development of the electronic resource base, like Master Guide, and other teaching materials, as well as issues regarding organization of activity of NTCs and delivery of the CPD course/workshops.
Participants reported about the overall project progress that is what has been achieved and what needs to be achieved in the meeting. That was emphasized that all works were due to date, all deliverables were provided according to the action plan. Partners discussed some issues regarding ECVET partnerships in Russia and Uzbekistan, namely joint activity on piloting ECVET in these countries in the frame of the signed Memorandums of Understanding.
During the seminar participants discussed issues of activity of the national ECVET training courses in both countries, creating e-learning environment for the future trainees: the structure, volume, content and methodology of these courses, noted the need in the didactic materials for the course on Canvas platform, discussed the issues of formation of target groups, time schedule and etc.
The new web site of the project was presented. This site is adapted for browsing at any kinds of mobile devices, it is interactive and has a function of on-line/off-line communication in a question-answer form for consultations with national ECVET experts.
The meeting, organized at NukSPI, was very effective and advantageous for all project participants. Guests have learned about culture and visited the historical places of Karakalpakstan and ancient town Khiva.
Transnational meeting 6 (Valletta, Malta)
In April 8-12, 2019 Malta college of arts, sciences and technologies hosted 3-day workshop and 2-day Steering Committee meeting of the project. Maltese colleagues presented the progress and developments of ECVET in Malta to project partners.
Participants of the meeting discussed Overall Project Progress – What has been achieved + What needs to be achieved.
That was noted that the project has being implemented in accordance with stipulated work plan, all Work packages being executed on time and having all deliverables obtained. Let’s list some of them.
– Partners developed a detailed research methodology to describe the current national VET context (VET framework, NQF, professional qualifications, qualification recognition, legal framework etc.) in the two Partner Countries (Russia and Uzbekistan);
– All Partner Countries did the initial Qualification Mapping exercise at consortium level. Mapping involved the description and analysis of 24 VET qualifications/courses – 15 in Russia and 9 in Uzbekistan (3 each provider/2 units per qualification) enabling Partner Countries to make comparisons for the credit transfer;
– The Master Guide – a set of methodological guidelines and tools (templates) for the practical implementation of the ECVET technical framework within the project context – was introduced and translated into the Russian and Uzbek languages;
– National ECVET Contact Representatives and 4 ECVET National Training Centres – 2 in Russia (Tver and Yekaterinburg) and 2 in Uzbekistan (Nukus and Kokand) were established as professional training space for delivering ECVET workshops under the instruction of trained instructors who have participated in the RUECVET project.
The outcomes of the Training Center Activities: E-learning Platform & Training Courses/Workshops – were presented and discussed. Then in small groups partners worked on finalizing pending activities, organization of online consultations via project website and preparing for Moscow conference.
That was stated that the National Training Centres should organize and promote ECVET info sessions/training, seminars/workshops and in general should serve as ECVET/ECTS labs.
Participants visited MCAST Gozo Campus, where had very interesting presentation on ECVET practice and quality assurance in MCAST.
The Mediterranean Sea and touristic places of Slima, Valletta and Gozo have made unforgettable impression on participants and were the great award for the fruitful work.
Transnational Meeting 7 (Moscow, Russia)
The final meeting – conference called “Implementation of European Best Practices in Higher and Vocational Education and Training” was held on 14-16 May, 2019 at Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography (MIIGAiK), and the host university welcomed partners of two finishing projects of Erasmus+ SUSDEV and RUECVET.
The main objectives of the conference were as follows:
- Dissemination of the achieved results and developments of the SUSDEV and RUECVET projects
- Experience exchange between stakeholders, beneficiaries and policy makers
- Capacity building of teaching and administrative staff in green skills and ECVET methodology
- Discussion of the future developments of achieved results by SUSDEV and RUECVET projects in partner countries: Kazakhstan, Russian Federation and Uzbekistan
During the 2-day conference and 1-day workshop the members of the two projects SUSDEV and RUECVET discussed the final key deliverables and outcomes of the projects. The conference was very alive as it gathered diverse audience such as academic and administrative staff of RU, UZ and KZ universities, international experts, representatives of the Ministries and VET institutions).
Dr Stylianos Mavromoustakos made a presentation on ECVET tool in the EU, Yianna Orphanidou, Dr. Nadia Maria Vassallo and Antra Mengele (NEO-Latvia) presented papers on ECVET implementation in Cyprus, Malta and Latvia correspondingly.
Prof. Vitaly Kopnov presented to participants an Overview of results of RUECVET project. Dr. Asiya Tureniyazova made a presentation “Report and Recommendations on the use of best practices for the transfer and adaptation of the ECVET tool to the National System of Vocational Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan” and Prof. Igor Lelchitsky presented “Recommendations on use of ECVET in practice of the secondary vocational education of the Russian Federation based on results of “Piloting ECVET to the national VET system in Russia and Uzbekistan” of Erasmus)”. Dr. E. Sartakova and N.Rakhimova presented work of National Training Centers in Russia and Uzbekistan.
The work of the conference was very productive in terms of the delivery of achieved results and setting the further steps for their full and successful accomplishment.