The 4th Transnational Meeting of the project participants
«Piloting ECVET to the national VET system
of Russia and Uzbekistan / RUECVET»
Tver, 10-12th July, 2018
The fourth transnational meeting of RUECVET partners was held at Tver State University (Tver, Russia) from 10-12th July, 2018. According to agenda two-day RUECVET methodology and delivery of the continuous professional development course and 1-day Steering Committee meeting were held here.
There were 30 participants from three European countries: University of Nicosia & Intercollege (CY), Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology (MT), University of Liepaja (LV); eight universities and vocational training institutions from Russia and Uzbekistan. The Russian partners: Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Tver State University, Voronezh State University, Novosibirsk College of Chemical Technologies named after D.I. Mendeleev, Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography.
The Uzbekistan partners: Kokand State Pedagogical Institute, Nukus State Pedagogical Institute, Navoi State Pedagogical Institute.
The first meeting day began with the welcome speech of the acting rector of Tver State University Lyudmila Skakovskaya who mentioned that TSU is proud to be the member of RUECVET project and wished the productive work to Consortium participants.
The key activities of the 2-day workshop and 1-day Steering committee meeting were:
– opening of RUECVET Training Center in the Institute of Pedagogical Education and Social Technologies of Tver State University (equipped with computers with grant funds of the project);
– signing of Memoranda of Understanding between TSU and NukSPI, RSVPU, TSU and NCCT; Partnership Agreement between TSU and NSPI;
– visiting the Associated partners: College of service and tourism (hotel for training); Torzhok’s College; Gold-Embroidery factory (to get acquainted with the educational process, training workshops equipment and students’ works).
During the meeting RUECVET partners discussed and agreed on a number of issues:
– readiness of functional maps, Units of Learning Outcomes and Converted Study Programmes for the selected 24 qualifications;
– the Russian version of the ECVET Master Guide;
– recommended improvements by EACEA after 18th months of work;
– ECVET Quality Assuarance documents;
– transnational and national mobility;
– analysis and review of E-platforms;
– E-guide and its correspondence to the ECVET guide;
– presentation and revisiting the content of the CPD course;
– training centres activities, equipment, work plans;
– plans for the future activities.
In addition, all Russian and Uzbek partners with monitoring from the European partners took part in group discussions concerning the teaching / learning materials for the CPD courses, including E-platform. Russian and Uzbek partners discussed the development of the Website, that is the main instrument of the project results dissemination. As recommended by the experts when evaluating the interim report of the project, it is necessary to update the site with each of the results obtained. The issue of a mobile training application for VET-trainers was considered upon the existing learning management systems.
A special attention was made to the development of 4 ECVET National Training Centres aimed at offering off-line and on-line learning on ECVET and ECVET workshops as well.
The 4 transnational meeting was full of productive activities revealing strong and weak points of the project work and ways to effective fulfillment of the project objectives.