Please define the activities proposed and the working methodology (project activities/developments including educational and training content and pedagogical approach) to be used for achieving the objectives, including major milestones, measurable indicators, etc. (limit 6000 characters).
The work plan proposed by the RKECVET consortium concerns the piloting and adaptation of the ECVET to the national VET system of the two Partner Countries (Russia and Uzbekistan) through the cooperation of key HE and VET providers in order to capitalize on the existing experience and expertise of the HEIs with the implementation of EU credit transfer tools such as the ECTS.
The proposed duration for the project is 36 months, focusing on the following key phases/key results:
- Describing the VET context for the ECVET testing and adaptation in the two Partner Countries and in relation to the EU framework for ECVET implementation; Result: 2 National and one EU/Synthesis Reports (EN, RU);
- Developing the ECVET framework and the complete set of methodological guidelines for the transfer and piloting of the ECVET system by the HE & VET providers; Results: ECVET Master Guide (EN, RU) & ECVET e-Training Manual & ECVET Policy Recommendation based on project piloting and results and converted into Open Educational Resources;
- Establishing 4 ECVET National Training Centres (NTCs) – 2 in Russia and 2 in Uzbekistan on the base of pedagogical HEIs– for assigning a physical space/location (in addition the virtual space RUECVET website) dedicated to the transfer of the ECVET to the national context through continuous training, research and development; Result: 4 ECVET Training Centres, which will remain in operation for at least 3 years after the end of the project, until the implementation of ECVET in Russia and Uzbekistan at official government level;
- Establishment of minimum of 30 ECVET National Contact Points (20 in Russia and 10 in Uzbekistan) – to be featured on the RUECVET website –for facilitating and supporting the transfer of ECVET to interested parties; Result: 30 ECVET National Contact points to be featured on the RUECVET website;
- Development of ECVET introductory courses and training VET teachers and other representatives of all target groups to use ECVET sufficient to drive four NTCs and 30 National Contact Points as the sources of sustainable growth; Result: at least 200 trained VET teachers and facilitators (trainers, instructors, managers), 100 HE students (equivalent to 6 and 7 level of EQF), 100 VET students (equivalent to 4 and 5 level of EQF)
- Description of 24 curriculums (24 VET qualifications/courses – selected core units) in terms of identified Learning Outcomes – which will be defined through input from key stakeholders; Result: LOs for 24 VET qualifications/courses;.
- Conversion of 24 VET qualifications/courses (15 in Russia and 9 in Uzbekistan) in the ECVET system; Result: 24 converted VET qualifications/courses in the ECVET system;
- Pilot testing the ECVET converted curriculums (1 selected unit per course) for national and transnational mobility (exercise) and developing a common credit transfer and validation procedure (with special accent to where overlapping programs of HE & VET); Result: a common credit transfer procedure and exploration of the interaction between higher and vocational education in specific areas;
- Delivering 4 ECVET Training Workshops (5 days each is suggested) – 2 in Russia and 2 in Uzbekistan – through the ECVET Training Centres; Result: common approaches, coordinated procedures and tools, plans and other issues;
- One final ECVET Policy Conference in Moscow/Russia (one day) – for promoting the adoption of the ECVET system and project results at the highest possible level; Result: multi-dimensional roadmap of ECVET evolution in Russia and Uzbekistan and approval by national Ministries of Education
To accomplish its objectives, RUECVET consists of 9 work packages and a number of key activities:
PREPARATION (WP1): (1) Describing the VET system in the Partner Countries in relation to the EU context for ECVET implementation – setting the context for the ECVET testing and adaptation; (2) Activating the NTCs and National Contact Points in the two Partner Countries – establishing the needed collaboration at the Partner Country level; (3) Mapping of qualifications to be tested within national and transnational level; (4) Defining target groups personally.
DEVELOPMENT (WP2, WP3, WP4, WP5, WP6): (1) Development of the overall ECVET framework (Master Guide) – for the transfer and pilot testing of the ECVET system in the selected VET qualifications; (2) Learning Outcomes Curriculum Mapping according to stakeholder key input and the ECVET methodology; (3)Training target groups of introducing ECVET; (4) Converting a total of 24 VET qualifications/courses to the ECVET system; (5) Pilot testing the converted ECVET qualifications/courses (selected units) and developing the overall recommendation for a common credit transfer procedure both at national and transnational level.
QUALITY (WP7): (1) Continuous monitoring and quality control of all activities and deliverables to ensure compliance with the set indicators and standards; (2) External auditing and evaluation of the project in two phases (Interim & Final Report).
DISSEMINATION & EXPLOITATION OF RESULTS (WP8): (1) Dissemination activities and networking throughout the project duration and Partner Country and EU level; (2) Establishment of NTCs at 4 HEIs (2 in Russia and 2 in Uzbekistan) – mechanism to ensure the transferability, replication and exploitation of projects results at national level in both countries; (3) ECVET Training Workshops and Courses for training VET/HE representatives on the ECVET tool and disseminating the project results (ECVET e-Training Manual, NTCs, ECVET National Contact points for support). (4) Final approval of multi-dimensional roadmap of ECVET evolution in Russia and Uzbekistan by national Ministries of Education
MANAGEMENT (WP9): (1) Continuous coordination and facilitation in terms of the administrative, financial and technical implementation of the project – to ensure that all project objectives are achieved according to the approved work planned and within budgeted resources; (2) implementation of transnational meeting – six transnational meetings (2 in Russia, 1 in Uzbekistan, 1 in Cyprus, 1 in Slovakia and 1 in Malta) to ensure maximum collaboration and the effective implementation of the work plan; (3) Reporting to the EC (Interim and Final Reporting).
ECVET TECHNICAL/ METHODOLOGICAL FRAMEWORK
ECVET is a technical framework with a set of specific requirements and components – forming the base for the development of a common European Credit Transfer System for Vocational Education and Training. The RKECVET project will be based on the established and recommended practice of the ECVET framework which consists of the following components – to be transferred and adapted according to the specific project context: Units of Learning Outcomes (LOs), ECVET points, Transcript of record, Assessment of LO, Validation of LO, Recognition, Memorandum of understanding (partnership), Learning agreement, Learner’s transcript of record.